In this episode of the podcast I was delighted to be joined in the studio by professional Irish poker player, Dara O'Kearney. Dara, or Doke as he's known in the poker world, gave a wide ranging and fascinating interview that's definitely one of my favourites to date. It's a long one but a good one! Enjoy, Dave.
Some of the areas we spoke about were:
- Dara's late entry and rapid ascension in the professional poker world.
- His experience as an ultra runner, including representing Ireland, and completing a 24 hour race.
- We chat about Dara's unlikely online friendship with David Bowie from the mid 1990s, a friendship initiated by Dara's online criticism of Bowie's online project.
- We chat about the psychology of endurance based high-performance.
- We discussed Dara's experience in dealing with his son's autism.
For full episode notes visit the inspireland podcast blog. Thanks, Dave
Direct download: InspirelandOKEARNEYBNC2.mp3
-- posted at: 11:30am EST